Hot Friday

Friday, July 25, 2008 8:08 PM by Tim and Holly
It is HOT today - I think it got up into the low 90s...and our little window air conditioner was not up to the task. I am just glad that the temperature is beginning to drop. Whew. Luckily the swelling in my ankles seems to be under control and the heat hasn't made it worse.

It was something of a slow day today - they all seem to be rather slow lately. I watered the lawn, mopped the floors, vacuumed, made Tim lunch, de-flead Rain and spent all down time with my feet up. It was nice, though, because Tim got off early from work today since there was a squadron picnic that we didn't want to go to due to the heat (it was at Clear Lake and we'd swelter). He's been home since about 11:30am, and taking full advantage of extra time off by playing WoW...I figure that means I get him almost all day tomorrow to get stuff done around the house. :)

Tim has been getting very protective of me and baby in that he doesn't want me to do pretty much anything. The only time he's happy is if I'm sitting with my feet up. It's sweet in a way, but it is also driving me crazy. I feel I know what I can and cannot do and what is too much for me, but he doesn't necessarily agree. I hate just sitting around doing nothing. It makes me feel useless and lazy. I end up doing what I feel I can do even though it bugs Tim a bit. After all, I AM the one who is pregnant and I DO know what I can and cannot do safely and carefully. I'm not breakable or fragile and I keep an eye on signs whether I'm pushing myself to hard or not. I don't want to be a couch potato the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Tim seems to think I'm constantly on the verge of hurting myself unless I'm laying down. I'm hoping that he'll soon realize that pregnant women are made of stronger stuff then that.

On a side note, and it may gross some of you out, but I think I may have lost my mucus plug yesterday. I'm not sure, though, because it wasn't all obviously lost at once, but seemed to be over the course of 6 or so hours. I'm glad progress is being made and the time is coming up. According to what I've read some women go into labor shortly after losing the plug and for others it could still be a couple weeks. Baby has not "dropped" yet so I figure labor isn't imminent. :)

I think we're almost ready for baby now. We have everything that we need (I think) except baby clothes - and we can get those after we know if it's a boy or girl. We have our hospital bags packed, casseroles in the freezer, the house is clean (makes me feel more prepared for anything really), and everyone knows who they're calling and have directions to the hospital. I'm hoping to be able to have the car cleaned soon to get most of Rain's hair out of the back seat, and review the Bradley Method a bit more before baby comes, but other then that I think we're good. Oh, and we need to figure out what we're going to do with Rain while we're at the hospital. We can't just leave her indoors, and we can't just leave her outdoors...so we're going to have to figure something out.

Anyway, it's dinner time and I'm going to go get it made. <3

1 Response to "Hot Friday"

  1. Amber Says:

    Man it is coming so soon. :) I cant wait. Its great to think I met me nephew last week and then soon another nephew/neice. How exciting!!! If you need anything give us a call ok. Love you!