Wednesday before Christmas

Well, yesterday I had my preliminary prenatal appointment where they just asked a bunch of questions about my history, my family history, Tim's history, etc. etc. They had me pee in a cup so they could do another pregnancy test which came back a very strong positive, which was something of a relief with the spotting I'm still having off an on...But I guess I knew that I am still hormonal because ouch do my breasts hurt, and I am now waging a constant war trying to keep the slowly creeping nausea at bay. I have taken to eating little bits every couple hours which seems to help, but I am now being plagued by an even more super sense of smelling then I normally have - which is usually pretty intense anyway - and sometimes even breathing can make me a bit queasy. Especially with our darn cat and her litter box!!! :( But, I am just glad that so far, the nausea is only slight and hasn't started being crippling yet. I'm holding out hope that I won't have it as bad as Mom, Lindy and Amber because I read somewhere that women who tend to get motion sickness tend to get really bad morning sickness...and I don't get motion sickness at all. There's some hope! :) Don't get me wrong, I am very happy I am experiencing sore boobs and morning sickness. No "complaining" here! It's cool in a way. :D

The nurse did decide to get me an appointment for the actual exam and all that as quickly as possible since I am spotting still, off and on, so we will be heading back tomorrow at 2:30pm. She even mentioned they might do a ultrasound to see if they can spot the heart beat. Personally, I almost wish they wouldn't do the ultrasound because from what I hear, at 6 1/2 weeks, it's pretty much a 50-50 on whether or not they can even find the heart beat in a healthy pregnancy...So if they say, "well, we can't find a heart beat", I don't know if I can trust that result. It would just be better, in my opinion, to wait until I'm far enough along that if they don't spot the heart beat, it actually means something. I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow, I guess, and then make the decision.

Well Tim just got back for lunch. Ttyl!
<3

3 Response to "Wednesday before Christmas"

  1. Amber Says:

    Im so glad you got an appointment. I cant remember I mentioned it before but with Easton I took ginger pills and it helped my morning sickness. Just an idea. Love you!!

  2. Becki Says:

    I've also heard that Ginger Altoids work well too.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    If I remember right, when Amber was expecting Kadin, we taped a piece of ginger root to her tummy. I think it worked? Amber will have to verify that. Am so excited that things are progressing so well for you.
    Love,
    Grammy