Names, names

Okay, this is just a "for fun" post since it is still SO early in the pregnancy that names are not a big issue yet...however, we are slowly going over some names and oddly enough, we're already getting hounded by people as to what the sex is and what we're going to name it lol. So anyway, here are the names that we're leaning toward at this point. I am sharing them with much trepidation as it always seems like as soon as names are shared everyone in the world wants to use them, so I'm almost superstitious as to not saying them out loud. :)

The names we're choosing from are off of a list I've made over the years of names that just struck me at the time, with a couple Tim has added.

First, I'll put the girl names that Tim and I both agree on:

Breana (Irish) "Strong, virtuous, honorable"
Raeden (Japanese) "Nest, lovely" also "Mythology: Raiden was the god of thunder and lightning."
Essence (Latin) "Life; existence"

Okay, now the ones that Tim likes, and me not so much:

Echo
Patience

And the ones that I like and Tim not so much:

Destry (I REALLY like this name) "War horse"
Shae, Shay, Shaye (Irish) "Fairy palace, a gift"

Okay, for the boy's names, here are the ones that Tim and I both like:

Cian (Irish - pronounced KEE-an) "Ancient"
Brac (Welsh) "Free"
Lyric (Latin) "Melodic word"

Tim's choice that I'm not totally in love with at the moment:

Xander (Greek) "Defender of mankind"

My choice that Tim doesn't like very much:

Creed (Latin) "Belief"

If we have a girl, the middle name will pretty much definitely be Rose after my middle name, Grammy's middle name, and Grammy's grandma's name. :) If it's a boy, however, we have lots of choices. I would like to name him after Tim and have the middle name be Timothy, but Tim doesn't really like his name so is pretty much against that idea...so our other choices are:

Gideon "Mighty warrior"
Rhett "Enthusiastic, stream"
Drake "Dragon"
Lyric "Melodic word"

Anyway, I would like to hear what your thoughts are in regards to these names!

5 Response to "Names, names"

  1. Kristi Says:

    I think you should have a boy and call him Rhett and I'll call our girl Scarlett and it will be too perfect :D

    I like Raeden and Lyric personally! Most of the others I haven't heard or considered as names, so I need more time to think on them. I have to really ponder names and roll them around my head for awhile to get a feel for them.

  2. Amber Says:

    well, for a boy I like Brac and Drake. As for the girl, personally Im not a big fan of any of them. :) I do like Raeden but it is alot like Kadin and might cause confusion. Just my thoughts. :)

  3. Lindy Says:

    Ooo, those are some good names! Ok, my first reactions are this:

    Cian Drake Nelson
    Lyric Gideon Nelson

    Shae Rose Nelson
    Destry Rose Nelson

    Keep us posted as you get closer to the right ones! :)

  4. DARALYN Says:

    Dad says of all the names, he likes Destry... But thinks the name Dusty is better :)

    I think Lyric would make a good girls name, rather than a boys name... I like Rhett for a first name, too, for a guy.

    I like names that there is NO confusion as to whether they are a boy or girl, however. But these are all so unique, I've never heard any of them for either!

    Like Kristi, I'll keep rolling them around in my head a while :)

  5. Anonymous Says:

    You have some beautiful and unique names there, Holly Girl. I think I like Breana Rose for a girl. It makes me want to break into "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling." As for a boy's name, I like Xander or Creed. Can't pick out a middle name yet. Of course, you know that Grampa would suggest Dean. But, of course, Michael already has that middle name.
    Love, Grammy