Finally a cool-ish day!

Well, my daily blog isn't so daily. :P A bunch has happened this past week, not to mention the weather has been a lot of fun with thunder and lightning everyday.

I have started taking Rain on a walk/run every morning and found that I really enjoy getting out and about in the morning. She does too, and now waits while I get dressed just looking at me patiently until I'm ready. It's cute. :) Speaking of Rain, yesterday she graduated her Beginner Obedience class! She has had something of a breakthrough the past couple of weeks and suddenly everything just clicked. The 'tricks' in her bag include sit, down, come, stay, leave it, settle, drop it (well, we're working on that one still lol), and she walks nicely on the leash. She is much easier to deal with now. :) We're probably going to enroll her in an intermediate class in September to keep her challenged and fine tune her a bit. After working with her almost everyday for an hour or so for the past 2 months, I'm so proud. :)

Tim got some good news from his work the other day...first, he found out that he was rewarded a CJR - Career Job Reservation. These are pretty rare and hard to come by in his field due to the fore-shaping of the Air Force, but, in my opinion, he earned it and certainly deserved one. Now, if we decide it's the best course for us, we can re-enlist.

Second, you know how I mentioned he had been passed up to get transferred out of the help desk finally because of the trade? Well, the guy who decides who is transferring talked to Tim's superiors - all the way up to his commander, and they all said Tim deserves the transfer whether this trade goes through or not so they should give it to him! So, thankfully, after all the hard work and responsibility Tim has shown, he is getting paid back for it and will FINALLY get to transfer out to a job he actually trained for! The week after we get back from Disney World, Tim will be transferring to Network and Communications Management. Woot!

As for me, I got the information package I requested from Eastern Washington University and have been looking that over. Hopefully (that word haunts me :P), if the trade goes through and we get Spokane, I can go back to college! I am looking really seriously at an art major...as in art education. It's still just an idea I'm mulling over, but I could see myself really enjoying the classes, and I could see myself really enjoying the job/career it would offer. We'll see. I wish they had some sort of degree that pertained to animals, but alas, they do not. Oh well, life is long and I can fulfill all my dreams given enough time. :)

Anyway, that is all that is going on for now. Off I go to check my emails.

2 Response to "Finally a cool-ish day!"

  1. Kristi Says:

    Thanks for updating! I missed hearing about what was going on in your lives. Congrats to Tim. That guy deserves it, for sure.

    Love you both.

  2. Lindy Says:

    Cool, Tim! That's wonderful news. Finally, huh?! :D Good for you too, Rain. It's really easier being a good girl isn't it? :P