New Blog

I have also decided to start blogging here, as blogging on Myspace doesn't seem to suit the everyday "this was how my day was" type thing. Here it feels more private and with less pressure so I'm going to use it somewhat like a daily journal spot. :) Well...knowing me it won't be daily. :)

Yesterday was a nice day...we brought Rain to a doggy day care for 3 reasons - 1. I needed a break. She's like baby sitting 24/7 - a heck of a lot of work! 2. Our trainer suggests that people bring their dogs into day care 2-3 times a month to let them learn that you will always return to them, so it builds trust and confidence in the dog and also it makes them "think new thoughts". :) 3. We're going to be leaving here there to board when we go to Charleston the 17-19 so we wanted her to get used to it.

It was just nice to be able to get out of the house without having to worry about her for once. :) We did some shopping - we desperately needed new shoes and we got Tim some shorts. Today we're going to go back and get a pair of jeans and some shorts for me as well. We got burnt out shopping yesterday, neither of us is big on shopping, so we decided we'd split it up to 2 days when we started getting short fuses. :)

After shopping we came back and went swimming at the pool near our house, it was nice but way to warm! It was 102F yesterday and the pool felt like bath water. Not terribly refreshing. It was good to just float for a bit though.

Shortly after that we went and picked Rain up and then Tim made hamburgers for dinner. An all together very nice day.

3 Response to "New Blog"

  1. Kristi Says:

    Love the new blog Hol!

    Isn't it strange how much work dogs are, especially when they are inside a lot of the time? I think they are excellent preppers for kids. Heck, I don't know that I would have half as much patience for the kids if I hadn't had Tilli. A strong willed child would be nothing compared to that dog!

  2. DARALYN Says:

    "Pretty baby"... Love your photo. That is how I always picture you. Happy Hopping Holly Hollenbeck...-Nelson... :)

  3. Lindy Says:

    Yay! I'm glad you're on here now too! Love the colors of your blog. Looking forward to your "daily" posts. :)