September 28

Thanks Becki, Kristi, and Lindy for your sweet comments on my last blog. They were encouraging and helped me feel less like a 'failure'...and made me feel less like I am looked at as some sort of failure.

I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow at 2pm and hopefully they'll have Dr. House type skills and figure out what is wrong with me. I noticed yesterday that I am starting to get my strep rash again and I still have pretty severe stomach aches multiple times daily. As in every hour, hour and a half I have to run to the bathroom. It sucks. I've had that for over 2 weeks now and that was bad enough, but now that the strep rash is coming back after going away with the antibiotics, I am getting frustrated and annoyed.

Rain has been very sweet today. I have been feeling so bad being her caregiver during the day because any sort of exercise makes my stomach unhappy, so Rain has been missing out on all her morning walks and playtime. Poor girl. :( Today, though, I think she is realizing I'm not feeling very well because she is keeping to my side like a shadow, looks at me with big, soulful eyes, and crawls up onto my lap anytime she can. I swear she thinks she's weighs 10 lbs instead of near 80, but she is so gentle and cuddly about it that I can't resist. :)

Tim had a good day at work today. It is so nice to see him come home with a smile on his face and stories of successfully fixed tickets (tickets sent to them from the help desk regarding network problems). He's challenged, overcomes, and is content. Oh, so nice as I'm sure all the married woman out there can attest to! :P

We bough Rain a dog backpack from REI to make her walks more challenging for her and it came in the mail yesterday. She holds very still in it until we make her move, but she does well with it. She looks pretty cool in it too. :) What was weird though, is we only ordered one, REI only charged us for one, shipping for one, and they sent us 4! So now we have to untangle all that.

Well, I'm off to watch the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. :) 'Til later!

1 Response to "September 28"

  1. Kristi Says:

    I'm glad to hear that you're going to the doctor. How miserable you must be feeling with this strep stuff!

    The backpack for Rain sounds adorable. When you feel up to it, I'd love to see a picture :)