Sunday

Sunday, April 6, 2008 8:20 PM by Tim and Holly
Ah I feel like such a mom already, but I had to share the good news...Rain finally pooped! :D She pooped and then trotted around the yard like she felt SO much better. We are happy and thrilled to report that there was no blood or anything suspicious in the poo, and since she is feeling so much better today that her infection seems to be going away. Happy day. :)

This morning we went to church with Kendra Friendly who works with Tim. She just transferred here from a tour in Italy, and has been looking for a church. I really feel for her since she is one of the only unmarried people working in Tim's shop, the only female there, and the only African American that works there as well...so she feels rather out of place. Luckily, she's been pretty open with Tim about feeling out of place and since we can really relate to her about how being a different color can really make you feel like the odd man out, we have made it a point to sort of take her under our wing. It's really too bad that there aren't many black people in the area, and even though the church is big there are only a few black people that attend so she still felt a bit awkward. Poor girl. I hope she saw though, that though people may look twice at her, it's only out of curiosity and "novelty" and not out of racism...that is one good thing about Washington - there aren't that many racist just hanging around. I hope she also felt comfortable with us since we are so used to being around African Americans that we hardly even notice their skin color anymore so that novelty has worn off.

Man, I am so looking forward to the weddings this year. :D I love weddings. Having the first wedding shower this coming weekend has got me all ready for them to start. :) It will be so much fun to see what each of the brides come up with. I know both weddings will be so beautiful and reflect the couple's personality, values, and love. Fun fun.

Well, it's about time to give Rain her meds so I'm off for now. <3

2 Response to "Sunday"

  1. Lindy Says:

    Yay for Rain! :) I am so glad that she is making a good recovery. That is funny what you said about feeling like such a mom already because you're so happy that she pooped. It's so true!! :D It always stressed me out when Cedric didn't have a dirty diaper every day or two. It was always "oh, good!" when he had a nice dirty one. :)

  2. Deanne Says:

    I am so glad to hear that Rain is doing better. I will admit to opening up your blog slowly, hoping that I wouldn’t see that Rain was going from bad to worse! I am glad that you were able to help her through and now get to enjoy her recovery (well, I guess, the poop part isn’t that enjoyable…but nice to see? ).
    We are so looking forward to you and yours coming and joining us in less than a week! I too am so excited to see the wonderful events of this summer start to unfold! See you soon!
    Love you much,
    Aunt Deanne