Wednesday the 7th

It has just hit me that on Sunday I will be entering my third trimester. Wow. Can you believe it?! I never thought that I would truly ever be pregnant. I always wanted to be pregnant, pretty much my whole life and have always been fascinated and excited at the prospect, but it seemed too good to be true - one of those things that happened to everyone else but not to me. Now here I am about to enter my 27th week with, as my doctor said, "everything looks just perfect." Wow.

I have been having one of those weird weeks that has struck only two or three times this pregnancy where I just know I'm being strangely hormonal. I really have to watch my emotions and hold them up against logic before I let them take root. I must say, though, that this week has been weirder then others. I'm having the typical "I'm just not happy for no good reason" times, and 2 seconds later the "the world is so great", but it has also bled over into my dreams now. For example, I had a dream recently where I have gotten into a physical fight with my Mom. Weird, since everything is really good there, and I don't feel any tension about that relationship at all. Then, I've had dreams where I wake up with real tears running down my face for no good reason...and last night I had a dream where Tim and I got into a HUGE fight and then a short while later I was all over him. TMI probably I know. But they are really bizarre up and down dreams. I also find I have to be careful about what I talk about because if it is at all upsetting to me, I will cry. No control over it at all. I'll be talking along just fine, feeling just fine, then I notice my throat gets a frog and the tears start puddling. It's irritating really.

On a completely different note, our plants are beginning to sprout! I'm really looking forward to finding out what kind of plants we have. :) One good surprise so far is that the tree in our backyard is getting blossoms on it. It will be so pretty in a couple weeks! I'm not so sure about our rosebush in front, however...It was left a complete mess, so before it started to warm up I went out, followed some rosebush pruning instructions and pruned it down to a manageable (and according to the instructions a "healthy") level. Unfortunately, I think in the process I cut off so many of the outer branches that all the parts that actually grow leaves were pruned off as well. I'm guessing this because I see absolutely no buds coming out of the remaining stalks, though they are obviously alive, and yes, healthier, then they were. So now we have a clump of thorny sticks poking out of the ground. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Well it is bed time for me. Good night all. <3

2 Response to "Wednesday the 7th"

  1. Amber Says:

    Ah the hormonal emotions are always fun huh? :) I am sorry to say that they will not get any better until a little while after the baby is born. :( If you ever need anything just call. Love ya!

  2. Lindy Says:

    Maybe I "caught" those hormones from you this weekend because I've been feeling very similar. :) I just needed to sob yesterday and it just seemed like a bad couple days even though I couldn't identify the problem. Love you!