Middle of the night

Well, it is 3am, Cian is swinging away in his swing and I'm waiting for him to get sleepy so we can go back to bed. We've been awake for about an hour and15 minutes so far and his eyes are still bright and alert so I don't have much hope for sleep soon. I'm not sure why he suddenly decided not to sleep tonight, but at least he's in a good mood. :)

I, on the other hand, am very tired. Today (well, yesterday actually) I did the normal stuff like laundry, vacuumed, dishes etc., but I also mowed the lawn. It was so nice to do it again! I haven't mowed, or done any work like that since I got pregnant and I missed it. It makes me feel more like "me" again. So nice.

Tomorrow, or rather today, I'm going to be going over to Josh and Amber's to spend some time with Grammy. It's fun to have her so close! It's good to see her get to know Cian. :)

Well, this is a rather short blog but Cian is getting wriggly and fussy so I better go entertain him.
Good night.

2 Response to "Middle of the night"

  1. DARALYN Says:

    Ah, "sleepless baby nights"... Gives you a new perspective of early morning. I hope you and Cian are sleeping soundly this later morning as I write (7am)! Have him run around the house 3 times today :) or take him on a walk to get fresh air.

    Love you, Sweet Life :D

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I was going to say the same thing as your Mom...!
    Of the things I do NOT miss with babies, missing sleep is top of the short list. I remember, too, being incredulous that the child could lay there and be happy, cooing, and giggly...at 3 AM, for goodness sake!