Tuesday

Well, today is Tim's first day of ALS (Airman Leadership School). It is a 6 week course that he has to go through before putting on staff sergeant, and it is not going to be much fun. They say to expect to work 12 hour days, plus study time, as well as "volunteer" activities on the weekends. This means he will be gone 6am-6pm all week, plus he needs to study on his off time, AND we don't get weekends to ourselves as he has to be out "volunteering". Not fun for any of us.

Cian is something of a high maintenance baby, as he does NOT like to be left to his own devices for more then a few minutes at a time and he doesn't take naps for longer then 20 minutes at a time all day unless I'm holding him. I'm really going to miss being able to pass him off to Tim for a bit when he gets off work so I can do thinks like take a shower, do dishes, etc.

Speaking of which, excuse me a moment while I go and get him out of his swing...

Okay, typing with one hand is tedious...

Anyway, my cold took a turn for the worse Sunday night. I had been starting to feel better, but Sunday my throat started to really hurt and I had a fever again. The fever lasted off and on all day Monday and my voice left, and by the evening I developed a cough. Poor Cian is fighting the same cold as I am, but honestly, he seems less effected by it. How babies can smile and be so happy when they must be feeling miserable is amazing. It is so nice though - his smile brightens my day.

Thing are not going well with Rain lately... It really has been a long time coming, but since Cian was born, she has really started to act up. The problem is two-fold - first, I can't exercise her as much as she needs since I have Cian to deal with too, so she only gets real exercise when I can fit it in. Second, Tim and I don't agree on how she should be treated and disciplined. We never really have, but I think that those seeds have suddenly bloomed and Rain is showing us the fruits of it. I am talking to a dog trainer who trains bully breeds and depending on how much she charges, we're going to try it out. If it doesn't work, or if Tim doesn't agree with or follow what the trainer says, we'll be finding Rain a new home. It is just too much stress and is a real bone of contention in Tim's and my relationship. I'm pretty upset about it, and am having a hard time not being bitter.

Man, this is a complainy blog...

Let me remember some of the good things: The fall trees are beautiful, Cian is wonderful and a joy, and we're secure and safe in this hard economic time. Ah, Cian just fell asleep nursing, all snuggled up to me. :)

It's time to finish up. I hope everyone has a good day.
<3

3 Response to "Tuesday"

  1. Kristi Says:

    I'm sorry to hear that you and Cian are sick. No fun there!

    And I'm sorry to hear about Rain as well. Your post sounds familiar to me as its similar to what J and I went through with Tilli. Its heartbreaking, frustrating, and disappointing. It took us by surprise how much we couldn't handle a high-needs dog after children. Whatever you guys decide, I know that you're making the right choice not just for you but for Rain as well. *hug*

  2. DARALYN Says:

    We love you and know that you and Tim will make the right decisions on all fronts.

    We will support whatever decisions you make :]

  3. Amber Says:

    Hope you are feeling better soon. And if you ever need to vent or just talk I am here. All day!!!!!!!:) Love you!!!