Productive day

Today was a productive day, and it feels good. :)

Thanks to the nice, sunny day, I was able to get the yard raked while Cian basked in the sunshine in his swing - well bundled of course - and I was FINALLY able to pick up all the soggy, yucky dog poo. Now we won't have to worry about her tracking it in occasionally, causing a minor panic as we chase her down to clean her feet...then spend 10 or so minutes scrubbing poo prints off the carpet. I was also able to get the house cleaned and the laundry done. I attribute this productive day to a particularly long nap Cian took this morning. Thanks Buddy!! :D

I have been trying to take a 30 minute walk/jog on our treadmill after Tim gets home in the evenings, and that feels good too. It's nice to feel my stamina come back and see the results in my body. I cannot wait to get back to my "normal", and get back into all my old clothes!

ALS has been a pain. For example, he wasn't able to come home for lunch due to a lunch/team building competition that he had to participate in, and after stopping by to change around 4:30pm, he had to go back for an hour or two for a study group. :/ It's a long, lonely day for me. He is doing brilliantly, though. He has the highest score in the class, and is known as the "go to" guy when anyone has questions. The instructor even had him teach part of a class one day because everyone could understand Tim's explanation the best. I'm so proud of him. :)

Cian's teething is continuing to cause slight fussiness and extreme slobber. I had to put a bib on him for the first time the other day to keep his shirt only half drenched. No sign of a tooth yet though.

He is so curious and loves to explore new items. Last night both Tim and I were in the kitchen cooking, and Cian was sitting in his Bumbo twisting around to get his hands on EVERYTHING. He was particularly taken with the mashed potato box. I gave him a big plastic spoon and plastic cup which kept him satisfied until our work was done. :) He has also discovered his tongue and now sticks it out as often as he can. He likes to blow raspberries. It's so much fun to watch him grow and learn.

I talked with a trainer who is used to working with bully breeds, and we now have a plan in place for Rain. First, we're going to get her fixed. The trainer says that with bully breeds, dominate, unspayed females can be more obstinate and intense then even dominate unneutered males. She thinks that could be causing a lot of the problems we're having. Second, we're going to try weight pulling with Rain. She thinks that since Rain is from a working line and as an American Bulldog, she really needs a job. She is going to loan us a harness and then we'll just have to figure out what Rain can pull. :) Maybe we can find an old wagon or something. Finally, the trainer is going to be coming over to help us work on some of Rain's issues. I really hope that Rain comes around, and both Tim and I are on board, as I REALLY don't want to get rid of her.

Well, Cian needs some loving, so I gotta go.
<3

2 Response to "Productive day"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Yes, indeed, you should be proud of Tim. That's quite an honor to have the instructor have him take over the class. Please tell him I'm proud of him too.

    I can just picture Rain pulling a wagon with Cian in it. Before long, that should work if you had Rain on a leash, don't you think?

    Love, Grammy

  2. Amber Says:

    way to go Tim!! That is awsome!
    It sounds so cute watching Cian playing with a spoon and cup in his little chair. How sweet.!