Update

So much has happened that attempting to put it all into a blog is intimidating. Therefore, I have been putting it off. I realize this is completely counter-productive as it only causes more events to pile up!

To start off with - Yay! I am so excited to be an aunt again! Little Brooke is beautiful and, in my opinion, looks JUST like her momma. :) It was half scary, half funny to get a call from Josh at 5:50 in the morning asking if he could drop off the boys since they couldn't get a hold of their pre-arranged babysitter, then sit waiting for 30 or so minutes with no boys showing up and having heard sirens in the not-too-far distance. What a great story that Brooke will have for the rest of her life. :)

Cian is changing everyday. He is almost 4 months old now and can sit up with the boppy for assistance. About a week ago he discovered his toes and now likes to play with them. It's cute to watch him learn new things. :) He has decided he likes buttons and will lung for the keyboard when we hold him at the computer and he definitely has an affinity for boxes of any size or color. We are hoping to get a stationary jumper for him as he LOVES to hop. When he is in the right mood he tries to copy sounds and faces we make. Fun, fun.

ALS is almost over!! :D Tomorrow evening is graduation. I am SO looking forward to life returning to normal after nearly 6 weeks. Graduation should be interesting too - it is semi-formal so it is a fun chance to dress up all fancy with Marcela coming over to babysit Cian for us. Mom and Dad are going to be coming over as well, so that will add a special touch to the evening. :) I am so proud of how Tim has done in ALS. There are 3 awards that they give out at the end - leadership, academic, and some fancy one that I can never remember the name of. What is really neat about it, is that Tim is one of the 3 they interviewed for the leadership award, one of the top 2 in the running for the academic, and it is rumored he is very likely to get the fancy one, which is the top award. What a good job he has done. I can't wait to hear if he wins any of the awards!

Another bit of news is that I got a car!! :D Actually it is an SUV. A 2003 Ford Escape. We are waiting for the title transfer and then I can take it home. It will be SO nice to be able to go places and do things by myself again...like a real grown up! lol. It is such a pain to have to wait until Tim gets home just to be able to run to the store and get milk or bread, or not be able to join MOPS or go to the library. A whole new world will open up. :)

I have been keeping busy keeping Cian busy and with keeping the house in order. Last night I started decorating the house for Christmas, and I'm hoping that this weekend we can get a Christmas tree. I have also undertaken the project of making Cian's stocking. I found a kit online at Joann's Fabric that is really cute. It's pretty time intensive, so every time Cian is down for a nap, I am busy sewing away. I can't wait until it is done- we'll have to take a picture of it.

This Thanksgiving was awesome. This is the fifth Thanksgiving we've had since we got married and the first with family. What a nice time. I made the turkey this year - my fifth! It's kind of a tradition for me now. :) It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. :P Now I just cannot wait for Christmas with family too!

Oops, Cian is waking up from his nap. I think that is a good general overview of what has been going on here since my last post anyway. :)

1 Response to "Update"

  1. Amber Says:

    It was so great to have you hear for Thanksgiving. And yes the turkey was great!!! Thanks for cooking it. Love ya!