Foggy day

I am going to "borrow" an idea from Michelle's blog and share my to-do list with you all. I think it's a great idea because it really gives me a feel for a persons day to see what their goals are. :)

Do laundry
Go grocery shopping (get humidifier and Vicks babyrub!)
Do dishes
Organize and store maternity clothes
Work on Cian's stocking
Exercise
Make appointment to get Rain spayed

Poor Cian is fighting off a nasty cold that is trying to turn croupy. He has the deep growly sound in his chest along with a runny/stuffy nose and cough. I feel so bad for him because he is so miserable and when he cries it just makes it worse. He is such a little trooper though. Last night we were up...well...several times and he would be fighting to breathe, crying, and so, SO sleepy - but then he'd look at me or Tim and try valiantly to smile at us. It broke our hearts even worse then the crying. Poor guy.

Fog rolled in last night and is still hanging around creating a coat of frost on everything. Rain still doesn't quite understand ice and made a very good display of that ignorance this morning when I let her out to go potty. The cement patio out our back door was slick with ice, along with everything else, and when I called her to come back in, she charged across the yard with her usual gusto - planning on slowing just enough to maneuver around our BBQ, up the stairs and into the house. Well, like I said she does not understand ice yet and that was the one flaw in her plan. She put on the brakes when she reached the patio and proceeded to slide headlong into the BBQ - toenails desperately searching for purchase on the slick cement. After making a big crash and a sprawling scramble away from the offending BBQ, she carefully, and a bit more humbly, walked into the house. I couldn't help but have a good chuckle at her expense. :)

Here is a pic we took of Cian admiring his first Christmas tree. Our camera it terrible so the quality isn't great, but you get the idea.:)





Well, Cian is awake and needs a diaper change. I'll talk more later when I get the chance.
<3

4 Response to "Foggy day"

  1. Lindy Says:

    I love that to-do list idea!

    Poor Cian. :( Give him a kiss from me. I hope he gets better quickly and that you stay healthy too.

    Love you.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Oh, I loved the picture of Cian looking at the star. There's something "holy" about a child's innocent, sweet admiration and curiosity.

    It did give my heart a lurch to imagine him trying to smile through his discomfort at the sight of his mommy and daddy's worried faces though. :-/ Aunt Deanne has MANY experience-tested ideas on dealing with that stuff - I'd suggest giving her a call or email.

    I'm still laughing about Rain's introduction to the ice. Nothing like a hearty chuckle to brighten the day - for sure.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Oh, the wonder of it all! Cian looks enthralled.

    I don't know what I would do without my daily lists. I never seem to get everything done, but it certainly helps me keep on track. And it's such fun drawing a line through yet another chore.
    With much love,
    Grammy

  4. DARALYN Says:

    I love you daily list idea. Please keep 'em coming. Welcome home to Winter, Nelson family!!