Sickly Thursday

Well, today at 1pm I have a doctor's appointment to see if I have bronchitis like everyone else. I need to sleep at night, not cough. :/ After my appointment, we're taking Cian into the doctors as well because his cough is getting worse, his nose is still all snotty, and last night he started clawing and pulling at his ear. I hope we all just get better soon!

We're having some drama with Zephyr. We noticed when we got him that a) he has green eyes - unusual for American Bulldogs (AB) but not unheard of...but more often seen with American Staffordshire Terriers (AmStaff), b) his nose is a mottled brown, again not usual but not unheard of for ABs, but more common with AmStaffs and c) his head is more narrow and longer then the typical AB...more like an AmStaff. I double checked with the breeder to make sure that he IS indeed an AB and she swore he was. But the doubts remained. Our vet said she thought he was an AmStaff, and we've been doing picture comparisons and he definitely looks like an AmStaff...not an AB. So anyway, this wouldn't be a big deal except that base housing does not allow AmStaffs, so we'd have to get rid of him if he turns out to be one. :( We're in the process of trying to get the breeder to give us an official letter stating that he is, indeed, an AB - if she does truely know that he is - so we'll have something to give people (like housing) when they doubt his breed. We'll see how it goes. :/

It was snowing this morning, but has stopped now and is already melting. Good. Last night they were saying we should expect 4-7 inches of new snow so I'm glad that didn't happen! I am ready for spring and summer!

I am in the process of gathering information for my own dog walking "business". I'll start off offering just the dog walks, and may eventually go on to at home pet sitting...we'll see though. Dog walking would be something I could do just here on base, it would take up, at most, 2 hours of my day (depending on how many dogs, etc.), it would be good exercise, pretty good money (the going rate is $13/half-hour), and I could just strap Cian to my back and we'd have a good time. Of course, I may have to invest in one of those packs that has a cover for rainy days, but we'll see! lol. Like I said, it's still in the "gathering information" stage.

Well I got to go on with my day. I hope everyone is getting over their colds/flus/bronchitis. <3

1 Response to "Sickly Thursday"

  1. Amber Says:

    that stinks about your puppy. If it turns out at he is an AmStaff and cant keep him, will you get your money back? I hope you get to keep him. Good luck!