Sunday Night

Well, our sleep has not improved and has, in fact, gotten worse as of last night. We'll see how tonight goes. Thank God Tim has weekends off because he and I can take turns staying up with Cian at night. For example, Cian woke up 4 or 5 times last night and 2 of those times he was awake for over an hour. Not much sleep happening in this house still.

I brought Cian in to urgent care on Friday because he was running a fever and his cough was getting worse - very wet and deep. Come to find out he has that ear infection we had him checked for on the 5th. The doctor said it didn't sound like Cian has pneumonia, thank goodness, but said it could be heading that way. It shouldn't now though, he says, because Cian is on antibiotics for the ear infection and it is the same kind the doctor gives for pneumonia. Relieved as I am that it isn't pneumonia, his cough is still really terrible and makes him throw up all over the place and causes him obvious discomfort. The first time he threw up from it was actually while we were sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours at urgent care. It was just Cian and I, and he threw up - projectile style - ALL over me, his blankets, and the chair we were sitting. I was very wet, sticky, and smelly the rest of the day. :/ On top of all of this, all the mucus in his system is irritating his stomach, giving him diarrhea and he now has his very first diaper rash.

When it rains, it pours.

I now have had a fever off and on since Saturday morning to go along with my very uncomfortable sinuses, runny nose, bad cough, sore throat and slight headache that I've had for about a week.

Thank God Tim has yet to get sick. Unfortunately, he's going to be leaving for the ORI on Saturday for a week and he'll be ultra busy, working late etc., 'til then. :(

Gosh, I just hope we are better soon. It has been weeks for crying out loud. Due to the severe lack of sleep and everything snowballing and going downhill instead of getting better, life has taken on the distinct feeling of a bad dream. Please be praying for us. I feel like we're barely keeping our heads above water. Seriously, our days have been one little calamity after another...it should be funny because it is so bad it has reached ridiculous proportions, but it just really isn't.

Well, I'm off. Thank you to all who have sent us encouragement and love. I meant to respond to you each personally, but I find I have no extra emotional energy to do so. Just know that it is very appreciated and helps! I love you all.

3 Response to "Sunday Night"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oh, Holly, my heart goes out to you, Tim and Cian. Sounds like the BUG has definitely hit your house. You all are definitely in my prayers. Dear Father, give them a sleep-filled night.....
    Love,
    Grammy

  2. Kristi Says:

    Oh Holly, we have so been there and it sucks. We are still there with the sleeping problems! I'm sorry. My only advice is to forget everything but the basics. Block off your living room rug or another safe spot, lay down on the floor with Cian and take a nap if you can while he plays. Use any time you can during the day to let your body recuperate so you can make it through the nights.

    This will not last forever. It may last a long time, but it WILL end. Wish I was there to give you a hug and help you.

  3. Amber Says:

    Im so sorry. Kristi is right though. Lay on the floor and just rest at least if you cant sleep. If you need ANYTHING please let me know. Hang in there. Love you!