Random Tuesday Thoughts

Well, we have finally caught up on our sleep from the Weekend to Remember seminar in Chattanooga this weekend. It was a really, really good weekend. Hard, emotionally draining, but so good. I feel like Tim and I are back into our proper roles, perspectives and we have a plan. It is so nice.

Yesterday we went shopping for all the stuff we'll need for Thanksgiving this year. We got the turkey, stuffing, and gravy, and everyone else will be bringing the rest! That is a nice break too, especially since there will be 9 of us getting together. :)

Oh, and just a side note, never buy the Glade candles - the have no scent compared to the Mainstays candles at Walmart. We had a couple Mainstays candles and I loved how they made the whole house smell nice, and since it was almost burnt through, I bought a Glade candle...well, I can't even tell when it's burning because it has no smell. :( Just an FYI for anyone.

We have officially moved Rain out of our bedroom. We had her kennel in our room and she slept there every night, but we moved it out into the living room and now she sleeps out there. It is kinda' sad how "motherly" I feel about it. I feel just terrible sticking her out away from us. Ah well though, it's nice to have our bedroom just for us, and it will be nice to have her kennel so accessible when company etc. come over.

Aunt Debbie and Lindy has taken me up on my fitness challenge and we'll be starting after Thanksgiving. What the plan is, is to set each of ourselves personal goals - something challenging, but something that can be achieved within 2-3 months. Then, we will race each other to see who reaches our goal first. My goal is to lose about 6 pounds, and be able to do 50 push-ups (at least 25 on my toes), 50 sit-ups, 50 squats/lunges (25 each 'cause they're boring), without stopping to rest during the reps. This will be on top of the weekly water/exercise that I am doing with the "Biggest Losers", so I'll make sure I'm still getting a healthy about of fluids and cardio. I'm excited to get going because I'll be proud of myself when I reach that goal.

Well, that is all I can think of today. Holly out.

1 Response to "Random Tuesday Thoughts"

  1. Kristi Says:

    I'm so glad that you guys went to that conference. Jason and I really enjoyed it and took a lot from the speakers. It was way better than we expected.

    Hope your Thanksgiving goes off without a hitch!