Cian update

We just got back from Cian's 6 month doctor appointment, and here are his stats: He is 16 lbs 13oz, and 27 inches tall. He is in the 50% for his weight and head size, but the 75% for his height. He is either on track or a bit ahead in his developmental milestones, and the doctor thinks he will be crawling soon since he can now hold himself up on his hands and knees for a little while.

As I mentioned in my previous blog his two bottom teeth have come through, but he hasn't laid off of teething at ALL. In fact, he is MUCH more fussy now then ever and has not slept well for the past 4 nights...the past 2 I have not slept more then an hour at a time. :/ So anyway, we're thinking that more teeth are about to make an appearance?

Oh, as a side note to that, we've noticed that just since his two bottom teeth have come in, he has a whole new smile he gives us. He used to just open his mouth wide and smile that way, but now he actually keeps his gums (and two little teeth nubs) together and pulls his lips back into an actual smile! I'll try to get a picture of it, it is too cute!

Our next big thing is to start feeding him solids. I can't believe he is almost 6 months old already and will be ready to start eating a bit on the 9th!

We have been trying not to encourage, too much, his walking instinct since we want him to fully crawl for a while first, but it is a little hard. He loves to stand up with our help and is starting to try to move towards things while standing. I have a feeling that all too soon he is going to be keeping us very busy chasing him around lol.

Well, he's down for a nap and I am debating housework or a nap since I am completely exhausted, but I wanted to give you a quick update on his goings-on. :) <3

2 Response to "Cian update"

  1. Amber Says:

    I cant wait to see his new smile!

  2. Lindy Says:

    I'm so sorry you're having rough nights. They're a bummer. :(

    I can't wait to see Cian! We just had Cienna weighed yesterday and she was 19.2 pounds. LOL! She's such a chunk. :)

    Love you.