Menu and Shopping list

Friday, July 30, 2010 3:48 PM by Tim and Holly
Okay, here is my menu for the next week - week and a half.  I like to keep it all pretty simple, and I like to be able to choose which dinner I feel like on a given night, so they are in no particular order.  Other than preference for the night, I also go by the freshness of the ingredients to make sure nothing goes bad as it waits its turn.

Ginger Shrimp Salad from http://www.everydaypaleo.com/
Round Steak from The Paleo Diet pg. 171
Sirloin Steak (trimmed of excess fat, rubbed in mustard seed oil, and broiled or grilled)
Pecan Crusted Chicken from http://www.everydaypaleo.com/ (I also posted the recipe in a previous post)
Tilapia (with lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic then broiled)
Holly's Chicken (chicken breast sprinkled with seasonings [it depends on my mood and what I have on hand] and pan grilled)
Stir-Fry Beef with Vegetables from The Paleo Diet pg. 169

For sides I usually serve mixed frozen or fresh vegetables, salad, spaghetti squash, or mashed cauliflower from http://www.everydaypaleo.com/ (I posted the recipe in an earlier post), or anything else I feel like whipping up like grilled veggies, fruit, etc.

This menu will probably last us about a week and a half because we have 3 open meals and those aren't always planned but arise if we want something in particular that isn't "Paleo".

Here is our shopping list.  It doesn't cover all the ingredients for all these meals because I already have some of the ingredients here at home.

Almond Butter (can be found at Costco or health/natural food stores)
Turkey Breasts
Fruit: Seasonal (I browse and price check then choose)
Pecans
Avocados
Tomatoes
Lemon crystals or salt free lemon pepper
Apple sauce
Veggies (quick grab: cucumber, carrot nibs, green pepper, etc)
Lettuce (loose, with broad, flexible leafs for sandwiches)
Bread (for Cian)
Jam (sweetened with fruit juice, no sugar or artificial sweeteners - again, for Cian)
Dried fruit (no sugar added!)
1+ lb. medium, cooked, de-veined, tails removed shrimp
Head of garlic
Arugula

This list will probably last us about a week before we need to re-stock on fruits and veggies.

I hope this gives you a little better idea of what kinds of foods we have on hand and how we eat.  I intend to post all the recipes as we have them and I'll let you know how they turn out!

2 Response to "Menu and Shopping list"

  1. DARALYN Says:

    excellent78

  2. Michelle Says:

    I AM INSPIRED!

    Thank you!