Thursday Day 1, week 2

We're starting to rev up for the weekend already so I don't have much time but I wanted to share our great results from week one!

Tim has lost 4.9lbs, and I have lost about 3.5lbs!!  In ONE week!  They say that is to be expected and not to count on it lasting for very long.  The first week or two your metabolism is kicking into gear as it adjusts to having the diet it is meant to work on, and also, like most changes in diet, it causes water weight to fall off at first.  But we are very excited.  This week neither of us has worked out.  We have only been doing our normal day to day activities.  It's pretty amazing. :)

Tuesday I am going to go in to CrossFit to do my fundamentals class which will teach me the basics and proper form for lifts, etc.  Tim has decided not to join CrossFit yet.  He wants to see what the diet does on its own for a couple months first.  He says he knows that most people won't be joining a CrossFit gym and he wants to be an example of what simply the diet change can do.

Oh...I have to share this with you guys.  I ran across this recipe online and it sounded so bizarre I had to try it.

Paleo Chocolate Pudding
1 Large very ripe avocado
1 Large ripe banana
3 TBSP cocoa powder
1-2 TBSP honey

Cut avocado in half and scoop into food processor.  Peel the banana and break into small chunks, adding to food processor.  Add cocoa powder and honey.  Blend until it has the consistency of pudding.  Pour into 2 bowls and enjoy.

Believe it or not...it was GOOD.  Even Tim liked it!  You would never guess that there was avocado in there.  All you could taste was chocolate and banana.  Cian loved it too. :D  Bizarre, huh?  I am definitely going to make that a lot. ;)

I had better get back to laundry and packing.  I will be gone all weekend, but I will try to blog when I get a chance.

1 Response to "Thursday Day 1, week 2"

  1. DARALYN Says:

    Holly made the Paleo Pudding for us when they were over and it was delicious! Texture and flavor was JUST like homemade pudding.