Monday

Monday, July 12, 2010 3:15 PM by Tim and Holly
Sorry for my silence...weekends are so busy!  We hardly have a moment at home. 

Unfortunately, this weekend I caught a nasty cold.  I am feeling pretty miserable, though I am better today than I was yesterday.  I am going to make this update a bit short, though, so I can go lay down while Cian is napping.

Paleo is going well.  We were so busy this weekend that we were out during dinner time so we had two of our open meals.  Tim and I both noticed that they didn't really sit well with us.  Our stomach felt heavy afterwards, like we had swallowed a brick, but they didn't satisfy our appetite as quickly or thoroughly or for as long.  The complete appetite satisfaction is something we are both really enjoying while eating the Paleo way.  We are having cravings and some withdrawals (I am a bit grumpy :P) but we're not hungry.

A possible side effect I have noticed is that I am breaking out more than I can remember ever doing before.  Two possible explanations are a) stress, both from changing our diet and from other life stuff, and/or b) toxins being released and flushed out of my system.  I am curious as to which it is, but I don't know how to find out so it will likely remain a mystery.

Tim seems to be taking to the diet like a fish to water.  He is really enjoying the food, the lack of hunger, and the way he feels.  I am so glad!

We are out of fruit, however, so I need to go shopping today to replenish our stores today when I get a moment.  I am off to go lay down, I will update again soon.

3 Response to "Monday"

  1. Deanne Says:

    I am really enjoying keeping up with your blog! As silly as it might sound, to me it is like taking notes on a scientific study...I guess that makes you, Tim and Cian our lab rats! :-) I can't help, but think that your over all health can't do anything, but improve, though all of you started off far healthier than most. Thanks again for sharing!

  2. DARALYN Says:

    Do you feel like you are constantly shopping for fresh fruits and vegetables??

  3. Tim and Holly Says:

    I do, sort of. We have to get a new batch every week and I'm used to being able to push off my shopping trips to every week and a half to two weeks. Once a week isn't so bad though...that's how most people do it!